Floatation Tank Therapy
Relax, Detox, Rebalance & Revive...
Try floating and become a New You today!
What is Floatation Therapy?
Our floatation tanks create a zero gravity, sensory deprived environment which allows you to truely escape, regroup and reset your mind, body and spirit.
A relaxing one hour float session equates to four hours of sleep. The magnesium rich salts relieve pain, alleviate stress and provides many other health benefits including natural anti-stress and anti-ageing.
Our float tanks are filled with 350kgs of Epsom salts dissolved in 30cm of water. This high concentration of Epsom salts means you can do nothing but float effortlessly.
Our tanks are 2.4m long by 2m wide giving you plenty of room to stretch out and relax. We have a lid that slides easily allowing people with shoulder and back injuries to close this with ease. This provides the sensory deprivation experience enabling you to achieve healing and relaxation. You can also leave the lid fully or slightly open if you like.
The water is set at a constant 34.5 °C and the room is kept warm to ensure you are comfortable. As you float, your muscles experience no tension and truly relax. Your heart rate and blood pressure drop. Every single cell in your body receives more oxygen.
- Sportspeople all over the world use it to aid recovery from training and injuries.
- Business people use it to enhance productivity and reduce stress
- Artist use float therapy to become more creative
So try floating and become a New You today!
Benefits of Floating
Floating was pioneered by Dr John C Lily in 1954 and is now backed by over 30 years of research and endorsed by over 100 hospitals, universities, and sports training centres worldwide.
- Reduces stress and related hormones
- Calms the nervous system
- Speeds healing and recovery from physical activity and injury
- Cleanses the body of toxins
- Overcome fatigue and physical exhaustion
- Strengthen the immune system
- Slows down ageing
- Increases Endorphin levels that can last up to a week
- Enhances learning and memory
- Improves Mental Clarity
- Increases Production
The things you need to know about our float tanks:
- If you have any health conditions please check with your health care provider for advice of any contraindications to floating.
- If you shave within a few hours before using the tank, the shaved skin will sting for a few minutes. If you can postpone your shaving, you will be more comfortable.
- If you have cuts or scratches they will also sting for several minutes. If you have any open cuts use the pawpaw ointment to seal them.
- If you wear contact lenses, it would be a problem if any salt water got into your eyes. If you remove your contacts you don't have to be concerned about it.
- If you have caffeine before you float, it may interfere with your ability to relax.
- Drugs or alcohol before floating not advised – we reserve the right to refuse service
- No new hair colours permitted
- It is not recommended that you wear jewellery when you float.
You're at your appointment – Get ready to float!
Our staff will guide you through what to do and show you all facilities. The following information is provided to give you an idea of the floating procedure.
- Go to the toilet even if you don't feel an urgent need – we wouldn't want you to waste precious floating time getting out to go and answer nature's call – it would be very disruptive to your process of relaxation.
- Shower well wash your hair with shampoo only then rinse thoroughly and dry your face and hair before you walk to and get in the tank. Take your face cloth with you inside the tank.
- Your ears will be under water. There are earplugs available if you would like them, and we recommend them if you have ever had ear problems.
Inside the Float Tank
- Enter the tank. The light will be on and music will be playing. Familiarise yourself with the light switch.
- As the tank is a humid environment we recommended you use the cloth provided to wipe over the roof above your head briefly to avoid drips of water falling onto you from condensation.
- If you chose to close the door use both hands on the handles to slide the door shut firmly.
- Lie down, settle in, turn off the light if you wish, lie down and relax – it's that easy.
- Keep the Salt Out of Your Eyes! If you get any salt water in your eyes you will be uncomfortable for a few minutes.
- To avoid getting drips of salt water in your eyes, push your hair back on your forehead when you change from lying down to sitting up and wipe your face with the face cloth.
- Keep your movements slow and deliberate. Also keep your salty hands away from your eyes.
- Buoyant Body Positions – You can experiment with the best body position for you. For example, hands behind head, on your chest, along your sides. If you have tension in your neck you can relieve it by clasping your hands behind your head or using a float pillow.
- When your session time is up gentle music will be played as a signal that it is time to get out of the tank.
- Turn on the light when you are ready, sit up with your head tilted back to avoid salt water running into your eyes, squeeze excess water from your hair, then use the hand towel to pat your face & hair dry.
- Then open the tank door. Take your time to adjust to the light and stand up.
- Wipe the solution from your body before getting out of the tank.
Getting out of the Float Tank
House keeping Care:
- Your body has salt water all over it, which is very slippery, so you don't want to drip everywhere.
- Before you walk to the shower, towel dry yourself on the mat provided.
- Shower, rinsing your ears if they have salt water in them, dry yourself with a fresh towel (as the first one will be covered in salt) and dress.
- Please place earplugs in the bin provided.
We have World Organic products for you to try after your float, these can be purchased from our webstore worldorganics.com/NewYou
Enjoy your float...
Valentine's Day Promotion!
Wondering what to get your loved one for Valentine's day?
How about a voucher for a float in one of our amazing Floatation Tanks for just $70 (thats $30 off).
For every voucher bought, you will receive a Travel Size World Organic's Skincare Product to suit yours or their skin type (available in a Men's range).
We have limited stock available, so get in quickly to snap up this amazing deal!
Float Treatment Packages
Single Float $100 ($90 Current Special)
Float with a friend $160
Students & Senior Citizens Float for only $75 10am to 3pm - Monday to Friday only
2 Floats $170
3 Floats $240
5 Floats $390
10 Floats $750 Includes a free Endermologie session
20 Floats $1400 Includes two free Endermologie sessions
Unlimited additional floats at $80 each
Bring a friend and they pay just $80
Unused floats roll over and don't expire.
Month to month contract.
Walk in, Float out, a New You…
Like what you've read? Contact us for more information or book online today!